Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda C110 Fuel Leak?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Gendrell, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Hi again

I just bought an ex-postie bike (2001) at auction to screw around on, but every time I turn the fuel tap on or to reserve, fuel starts to leak out of a tube that doesn't appear to connect to anything - is this just an overflow valve for the tank, or something I should look at???

Thanks

-M.

2. Just a question, should that tube that is leaking fuel be connected to the carbie?

3. out of curiosity which auction did you get it from and how much was it?

4. Pickles Auctions, $750.

The tube that's leaking fuel doesn't attach to anything - too short. But it doesn't look like it's been sheared or anything.

5. How long is the tube? Does it connect to the tank? If not, where does it connect to? Where on the bike is the end of the tube where the fuel comes out from? Have you put the tube into a bucket or coke bottle to see if lots comes out or just a little? How much fuel is in the tank? Does it leak from only within the tube, or is it running down the outside of the tube?

Many questions, and nowhere near enough information from you so far to get you a knowledgeable or reliable answer/assistance.

6. Ok there are three rubber tubes and one cable going to the carbie. two are your fuel lines and the third a thiner one is for draining the carby... if the fuel is runing out of that one the (I have no idea what you might call it) is stuck... it happends often on these bikes... tap the carbie see if that helps... I just keep on riding it stops eventualy... if it olny happens if the bike is on it side stand you need a new carby... there is a hole in that part I have no idea what it is called (a rare problem).

I'm a posty and I have to deal with these bikes daly. I also have one in my possesion. For some unknown reason I have never had to repair one...