Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda APE 100 - my beaut little Japanese bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by too-far, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Yes I am

2. No I am not

0 vote(s)
  1. Hiya Ladies & Gents,

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now and I thought I would share with you my beaut little Japanese bike, my Honda APE 100.

Pics here --> https://netrider.net.au/forums/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1841

It of course has a 100 cc 4 stroke air cooled engine, the motor is almost identical to the one from the CRF100 (XR100), it`s pretty gutless but I think it is bloody cool. It actually is about the same size as a CRF100, without the knobbies of course.

I have added a Moriwaki exhaust to it, which you can see in the pictures. I plan to add Pro Taper Bars (As I am an off road nut) purely for aesethic qualities and also a front disc as the front drum is pretty rotten.

I actually don`t ride it much here in Tokyo, as motorcycle parking is hard to come by and the train system is pretty convenient. However the intention is for me to bring this back to Australia with me next year as a run about. Something cheap and economical that I can jump on to get to the Video shop, or the butcher etc.

It`s really alot different to what I used to ride in Australia, but when I bring it back , it`ll be something fairly unique. It won`t be suitable for freeway usage, but should be able to handle roads with speed restrictions up to 70 or 80 km/h.

What do you think? Am I mad?

2. For sure it's different, but out of all the personal imports you could bring back to Aus tax free (bike or car), this is the one!?

Pretty cool little bike.
  3. makes 4,000 times more sense than a CBR125! I love it can you get it registered in Australia?
  4. too-far off to pick up a vid and some snags :LOL: :LOL:
  5. that looks so cool!

how much are they in Nippon?
  6. Well I'd ride it :grin: .

Just make sure you've got paperwork to prove you've owned it for a year when you apply to Dotars for the import approval.

Should fit nicely in your hand luggage :grin: .
  7. i recon it's AWESOME!
    wow i'd love to have one for commuting!
  8. Screaming to live out life asa cafe racer, clip ons. etc. Not sure about the wheels, but they must off some traction. Not used to see a bike like this.

Hang on, this is what I was thinknig about when I saw your picture:
  9. :cool: :cool:
    Cool looking bike! Yeh i coud see that parked in front of a cool cafe' on chaple street. . . . . . .
  10. Yessiree, I think it is the one!

I think i paid about 2600 AUD for it, plus another 300 AUD for the pipe.

Yes I can, I need to own it for one year and make sure I have all the appropriate paper work when I move back to Australia.

I think that is a Honda Benri (Benly), which has recently been discontiuned. i think. Not bad, only a 50cc though.

11. hey too-far, you need this shirt when you are riding this back down under :LOL:

12. ha ha.

Afraid not......
  13. is it really worth the effort/costs to bring it over here....sure it's different but to me unless it has value to you, i would it and pick up a cheapo bike here and save the hassle

(then again i have never imported bike so it might be a easy processes, but i sorta doubt it) :?
  14. Of course it will be a little bit of hassle, alot of paperwork etc. However, as part of my contract over here I can bring back 1/3 of a 20ft container of personal goods. So freight, shouldn`t be so much of an issue.