Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda 900RR Fuel tap confusion

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Red Dragon, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Hello riders,was wondering if anyone could possibly help me,,bought a Honda 900RR and cant work out which way the fuel tap should be for on or reserve as i cant see any markings on it,,and as i run out of fuel in my own driveway as i was leaving,after only travelling about 5 k's on what i thought was reserve,i dont want to run out while on a ride,, any help would be much appreciated,,thanks

2. The fuel tap itself won't have any markings on it, as it turns around. I think (a long time since I rode a blade) that the when the 'pointy' part of the fuel tap is turned upwars, the fuel tap is 'on'. Turning this around 180 degrees (pointing down) will be reserve.

There is usually a sticker just under the seat which will say 'on', but this may have come off. If in any doubt take it to a honda dealer.

3. Hi Cammo,
    What year is your blade,
    should not matter though,

The tap on my 99 Blade works this way,

With the tap handle pointed down, is ON
    handle point horizontal, ??
    Pointed up, RESERVE.
    There should be some little stickers on the frame around where the tap is,
    but if is like my bike they wear from your leg rubbing on the frame.

Cheers
    Chris

4. Err whoops, wrong way! I've never owned a fireblade, but used to ride a mate's pretty regularly a couple of years ago.

5. Haven't we already had this thread? I swear I remember replying in it...