Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda 600F Owners - Help

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by kenny c, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Hi All

Recently I purchased a 1999 CBR600F from a local dealer. All was going fine until I ran up 250kms when the bike ran out of petrol. The reserve warning light on the dash didn’t light up which pissed me off a bit (as I was stranded some kms from a petrol station) but non the less, as it was still under warrantee I took it back to the dealer to get fixed.
    The dealer took it apart and called me to say that the panel behind the dash did not have any area to put a bulb (which he assumed was the problem) or any wiring leading up to the dash from the tank. He said he had never seen anything like it before and assumed the dash was not original (i.e. came from a model that didn’t utilize a reserve warning light).
    I don’t believe this as the dash looks original and I didn’t think that you would be able to fix an earlier models circuit board (which didn’t incorporate a reserve warning light) onto a model that did.
    I’m now left with the situation where I’ve got a bike with no reserve switch (which it doesn’t come with), and no reserve warning light (which doesn’t work). The dealer can’t/won’t fix it as he claims he isn’t able to.
    Can any owners of a similar model help me out on this as I need to get more info. before deciding what I can do to get it fixed while it is still under the warrantee period (in the next 2 months). I don’t buy the dealers excuse but need to be better informed before going back to them or the dep’t of fair trading.

2. A friend said:

"I've got the same bike, and I had the same thing - no light came on at all. I haven't had the panel checked out because I go on the kms I've done rather than the light."