Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda 03 CBR600rr Motor Blown

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by mickjohn88, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hi,

Just recently I blew my 03 cbr 600 rr motor, and found out the cost of obtaining a used motor from the wreckers would cost me $2800.

The damage on the motor is due to lack of oil causing the bearings to worn out. I should have known better to maintain the bike.

I was just wondering, would there be any one that would have a used engine for a lower cost? I am located in sydney.

Just want the bike to start up again this spring and summer riding.

Cheers

2. Hey mate, dont know too much about the cbr but you could try get it rebuild or you could try findapart.com.au where you would get a number of different quotes. Cheers, Stef :)

3. "IF" its just the bottom end bearings that've gone, the engine can be re-built for much less than $2800... but with the question, I'm guessing you'd be paying for someone to do either, so I'd be getting some quotes first.

Problem is tho, that some places might not want to quote, because if there ended up being more wrong with it, then the quote can be blown right out...

:? Also, how'd you NOT notice a BIG RED OIL light, or was that not working either?