Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Home made, Dirt bike bobber for 2016 DGR.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Yahooooey, Aug 22, 2016.

1. I'm in the final stages of my dirt bike bobber project, I started it about 9 months ago, so now it is time to share. My goal is to have it on the road and ready for this years Distinguished Gentlemen's ride. As you can see in the pics, frame is now a rolling chassis, and I'm about to break it down. The frame is off for sand blasting and powder coat, the rest of the tins I'll paint in-house. I will add to this post over the next few weeks as I progress. I'm not going to give away the details of the donor bike yet, I'll leave it up to the forum to see who can guess it first. Stay tuned.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. O.k. after this week ends effort, the frame is back from powder IMG_3586.JPG IMG_3585.JPG IMG_3595.JPG coat, and I have painted all the tins, a nice bright orange color. Also got to work on the engine, suspension plus some other goods, just got to finish the wheels are it will be time to resemble .
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. So many great colours-not sure I'd be so adventurous. What did you use for the coils? Hurry up and get it all back together ;-)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. YahooooeyYahooooey that is a sweet set of colours you've put together, can't wait to see the finished product!
  5. I have been hammer away, here are some updates. Can anyone guess what the donor is yet.

IMG_3602.JPG IMG_3618.JPG IMG_3625.JPG
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thats gunna be wicked fun mate! Congrats
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Paint :)
  8. That's so obnoxious, I love it!

More pics more pics more pics more pics

9. Yeah, some what obvious, since it is stamped in the side of the engine, but what model, that's the hard part?
  10. hahaha - I'm out, that's as clever as I get :eek:
  11. The exhaust is now done, and I've done all the electrics except attached the indicators and headlight

IMG_3793.JPG IMG_3794.JPG IMG_3799.JPG IMG_3795.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  12. CT200, or Ag-bike as some call it.

That took a lot of google-fu, and I had one right under my nose most of my childhood... I should have twigged to the pull-start hiding behind the head, but I guess that's why you never gave a clear shot of the other side :p

13. Bingo! Exactly, now that the cat is out of the bag, here is some before and after shoots from the LH side...
  14. Before ....
    . IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_3789.JPG IMG_3790.JPG IMG_3796.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  15. That is really cool mate. You'd never know it started life as an aggie!(y)
  16. I'd like to think that I have started a new genre on motorcycle customs, just like the Postie but now an Agi. guess they both start with a 'CT' in the model code.
  17. Little appeal for help, does anyone out there work for Honda MPE?, please message me I'm desperate. Cheers
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Well it's finished. but I couldn't get it registered in time for the DGR, Anyhow here are some pics of the finished product.

IMG_4207.JPG IMG_4204.JPG IMG_4195.JPG

I'm on the hunt for a new project, msg me if you have a donor. havagoodweekend.
    • Winner Winner x 2