Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Home Made Custom Earphone

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by gsxrjames, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I thought I’d finally share my home made custom earphone experiments

I first tried using swimming style putty ear plug stuff. It’s also for noise reduction and works better than any other plug I’ve tried. The problem is having to mold each time you use it and getting dirty. I wouldn’t want to reuse the stuff more that 3-4 times but that’s just me.

Pics below should explain, not rocket science.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It works really really really really well. Very minimal wind noise and clear audio, volume no louder than I’d normally listen at. I’d recommend it for long rides (3+) hours where your not planning to remove your helmet often as like I said above, it’s a pain in the anus having to remold, accumulating grit.

The following is a more permanent solution using $15ish eBay moulding putty.

I found this to work really well for 1-2months but the moulds gradually changes form and become less effective. Its still a really good idea and I continue to use it on occasion but just be aware that they do diminish over time.

[​IMG]

The putty comes in two parts. Combine and shove it in your ear.
    Add earphone and position/adjust. Wait till it sets and remove.

2. [​IMG]

You’ll need to jab a hole in the mould to let the sound come through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dunno if it's just me but there's no pictures

4. No dude, it's not just you. I'm only seeing little red crosses.

5. You are linking to the page instead of the image.

6. Couldn't be bothered to signup to view "direct link", probably the same as right click then copy image URL. First three, you can finish the rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. My bad. All fixed