Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hobart to Devonport via the Lake Highway

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Nine Volt Heart, Nov 29, 2007.

1. If someone has done this trip, could they please let me know whether the Lake Highway is worth the detour? Approx time from Hobart - Devonport going this way would be much appreciated.

Anthony

2. Do you mean the Lake Leake Road from Swansea to Campbell Town, or the road in the high country to the great lakes through Poatina?

:)

3. Any road that gets you off the Midland Boreway is worth the detour. If your heading for the ferry, leaving Hobart at 10am will see you in Devonport with time for a pizza before you board.

4. hobart - devonport

Thanks for those responses. I should hve mentioned that my TomTom GPS unit always suggests turning of the Midland Sleepway at the Lake Highway (to Boswell, etc) - does this take you through to Deloraine?

cheers

Anthony

5. Hey Smack, How is the route through Poatina. Looks windy and fun on the map?