Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by NUT, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Hello to all.

I've finally got around to typing that, albeit I've been hiding around these forums for a while....

Only a learner at this stage, but we've all got to start somewhere, right??? and this looks like a great place to start.

See ya round!!
  2. Hi <insert name here>,

Welcome to Netrider, I'm sure there are lots riders in the <insert location here> area where you live that will be able to help you get started...

3. welcome to the forum NUT! Do tell us of your adventures so far.

4. G'day mate - Welcome

Fun Ha!
  5. he he, I take you're a bit of a nut then?

Well that makes about 10000 of us :LOL: Welcome to NR.
  6. Welcome in mate, left nut or right
  7. left nut for sure!

welcome NUT! hope ya have fun here :D
  8. Welcome to Netrider NUT ! Enjoy the forums mate.
  9. Welcome NUT. Definitely a great place to learn and get lots of info. I am a learner as well. Hope to see you on a learner session or on a ride soon.
  10. Thanks everyone.

A bit about me - yes I am a bit of a nut (left and right!!), but aren't we all??? :p

Currently living on the North Shore in Sydney (anyone want to help mentor me??), I had a GT550 about 15 years ago when I lived in Canberra - great riding up there in the Brindabellas... (I'm originally from QLD though). I sold that bike quite a few years ago and let my licence lapse as other things were going on in my life, but now I've gone out and got my Ls (again) and bought a bike (CB400) after much procrastination and research.

I found that getting back on the bike is , well, a bit like riding a bike, and that the main thing at the moment is getting a bit of confidence back (slowly, slowly). Anyway, I'll be trying to make whatever learners sessions I can, and also be trying to do a few of the organised rides when I can - looking forward to some open roads and a good coffee - I really am not that hard to please.

11. Learner sessions are on Saturdays at 1pm if your keen to head out there, look in the Sydney events section
  12. You'll fit right in NUT!