Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hiya! Sydney Noobie

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by chrissieyeh, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Thought I come up here to say hi and to learn one trick or two from you people!

I've only just got my L a week ago, and am deperately trying to find something to ride. It's a torture to hold an L without being physically on a bike!!!

What I am looking for is dual sports. Unfortunately I am only a midget (160cm) and being a learner, I'd prefer to have both feet touching the ground, that leave little choice (e.g. Yamaha Xt250, Honda SL230, Suzuki DR200, Kawasaki KL Sherpa, etc.). With my budget of $3000, not wanting an over-abused bike, there doesn't seem to be a lot in the used market.

Hopefully I'll score one soon, I can't wait to get on the road (or, off-road)!

2. Hi chrisseyeh, welcome to the forum. :)

Yeah, you're a bit stumped for optiions with bikes there. Ebay's probably the way to go, as most people sell them thinking no one wants them cause they're farm bikes. Thus bikepoint etc., don't often have many. Make sure you can organise an inspection/ test ride before you bid.

3. How much of off road stuff are you looking to do?

The mighty Spada has ridden down a few dry creek beds before and handled fine. Over reasonable dirt she's fine. I've done one fire trail with her, no problems whatsoever.

Granted well out of your price range, but the Transalp is learner legal (maybe an 87 would be okay?), but that's a little tall as well.

4. Welcome, mate and we can all identify with the exquisite torture of having the paper and not having the machine. Take your time, ask lots of questions here.
    Between all the active members of this forum there's hundreds of bikes that are owned or have been. As well, many have recently been through the same processes. Connecting Riders is what it is all about.

5. Hi chrissieyeh , welcome.