Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hiya Guys! Newbie from SE melb.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by hakank, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hey there guys,

Been reading these forums over the last few days and learnt many bits of valuable advice, and thought it was time for me to become a part of the community.

So the story goes, I got my learners permit with my best mate in December last year. Since that course, neither of us have rode anything.

Forward a few months (to Tuesday the 21-6-11), and I receive an early 19th birthday surprise from my girlfriend and said mate.

Said present was a green Kawasaki Ninja 250r (exactly the colour I wanted).

Anyways, have rode the bike a few times, still only around the back streets around where I live, as I'm still not very confident with it.

Think it's time for a bit more practice and a read of the tips section.

Hopefully in the next week I will be doing a full service on the bike too, (oil and oil filter, air filter, coolant flush, brake fluid flush, spark plugs, brake pads).

Anyways that's my short intro.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys and girls, having a chat, and learning a lot from the forums and the whole motorbiking community in general.

If anyone has any tips for me, or lives around the area and wants to meet up to have a chat, give me a yell (I'm in South Yarra).
  2. =D> Welcome to NR !

There's some great info up on these forums. Get in with some meets and practice days and you will get your confidence in no time .....

Ride safe !
  3. Welcome to NR. Try coming down to the Saturday morning learners session if you can. If you are not confident for such a long ride, may be you can ride down with someone.
  4. Welcome to the forum, get down to Saturday morning session and and you will grow in confidence!
  5. Hi and welcom to NR
  6. Where in Melbourne are you?

And welcome to NR BTW.
  7. South Yarra, the man said. :p

Welcome to NR. Stay safe on the road.

First thing you can do is probably adjust the preload rear suspension to your liking. I assume your bike comes with manual and tools. We can help you out on Sat morning prac.
  8. ^^Oops sorry, missed that bit.

I suppose one COULD call it "south east". A bit... LOL.
  9. Come to the Saturday learner sesh tomorrow!
  10. Yeah it kind of is south east, more inner suburbs I guess.

I've read about the Saturday sessions a bit, but don't think I'm going to get a chance to get to them for a while thanks to work.

I've been riding a bit more over the last few nights, so growing a bit more in confidence. Just need to get used to riding around in traffic a bit more. All in good time I guess.
  11. I'm in Mulgrave, Police Rd. Give me a hola when you wanna go for a ride. How cool to have 2 green ninjas together? =D>
  12. Feck, I want friends like that.
  13. Haha yeah that would be pretty cool. Might have to come down there and get a few pictures of the bikes together.

Yeah they are great friends! But don't forget you've got to be a great friend to have great friends (not to blow my own balloon haha).
  14. Done! I have 3 days off starting from today
  15. Can I come? I have 3 days off starting tomorrow :)
  16. Ahh damn, I work on the weekends, so only really get time during the week to have a ride.

All good, we will have to organise another time.