Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hiya, from Melbs

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MH108, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hey there, I got my L's last Sep & bought a Vstar 250cc in November and I couldn't thought I couldn't be happier. I then discovered Netrider and have since seen a really awesome motorbike community.

I had my L's about 10 years ago and at the time was given a bike that was stolen about 6months later. I had no $ to replace the bike so used my housemates bike until she moved out. I had no incentive (or should I say $) to get another bike so I didn't get my P's.

It took 10 years & some convincing of my partner (of 6 yrs) to let me get my license & a bike, but I finally did it after the long absence and never regret it.

I haven't ridden much as it's quicker to ride my push bike or catch the train to my 9-5 in the city than take my Vstar.

Keen to find a mentor to assist me in almost everything about bikes so guess which thread I'm heading to next?

ps I didn't realise I committed a cardinal sin (by posting on a different thread before posting here) so I'll say four Hail Marys and ask for forgiveness before I head to the next thread.

2. welcome to the forum, we like pics here:3:3
  3. Welcome,
    you're sure to find a good mentor close to you to get you going on your little v-star.
  4. Hi there, welcome to NR :)

Are you hot?
  5. Welcome MH108, If you are free Saturday mornings then the Saturday Practice sessions are worthwhile. Lots of good people to meet and advice to be had.
  6. What he said..^^
  7. Thanks @Lazy & @cjvfr@cjvfr is there another thread where I can find the info on the Sat morn rides like where to meet & how long the rides are? Am usually free so it seems like a great opportunity!

8. Most of the Vic rides are Vic Ride and Event Announcements

The Saturday morning practice is in: [Saturday] 10am Basic Skills Practice

the first post give you the details and look towards the last posts to see if it has been cancelled due to rain that week. Also in that same area is the Saturday All Day ride which is sometimes Leaner Friendly worth checking what kind of ride is posted for that week as some are more advanced. And the Sunday Learners/New Rider ride I think I have seen you post in so you must have found that one. :)
  9. Howdy to Netrider! Should be named Madrider if you ask me.......