Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hiya ACT Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Nitrousbabe, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Hiya Everyone :woot:
    Just joined here today
    Have been riding for 10 yrs but mostly around Canberra with work etc not so much out of Canberra as my friends don't ride
    But in 5 weeks will be going on my first bike trip with my parents yes my mum and dad, he has a Honda Goldwing triked so we r going to Canberra to Adelaide all the coastal way about about 2 weeks staying at some towns to do touristy things and the best thing is I wont be thinking of assignments or work..lol :rolleyes:

2. Welcome and enjoy your trip. If you're doing the Vic coast you'll love GOR!
  3. Thanks for the Welcome and will be going on the GOR , never been there so all this will be a new experience for me
  4. welcome aboard :]
  5. Lots of fun ways to get fm down here as well, via Vic Alps (please don't just ride down the slab)! Check out rides and maps in various threads on here.
  6. Thanks for the Info will do that as my dad doesn't have a sense for directions..lol
  7. Thank You :woot:
  8. Thankx for the welcome :singing:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to NR..
  10. Thank You :rolleyes:
  11. Welcome Nitrousbabe, you should have a great trip.
  12. Welcome, sounds like fun!
  13. Thankx I sure hope so and it stays fine to
  14. Im sooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to it
  15. I so hope so lucky dad will have the trailer on the back of his bike to take my stuff as I only have a bag on the back and dont want to over load it , got a new jacket so get to christen it am nervous though :nailbiting: as Ive never done this before or ridden through mountains etc so will be all a new experience :wacky:
  16. So mum and dad basically running the support vehicle ;)
    Cool, sounds like fun, enjoy the ride.
  17. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  18. Touring on a bike generally falls in to two camps NitrousbabeNitrousbabe
    1. A set of leathers, a toothbrush, a change of underwear and a credit card.
    2. The kitchen sink.
    I confess to being in the Kitchen sink camp but still find I pack more than necessary. A general rule of thumb is lay out everything you think you will need on the bed and then ruthlessly cut it in half.
  19. G'day NitrousbabeNitrousbabe, sounds like a great trip, any idea of a route yet?

Chris, you do realise you can wear undies inside out as it becomes necessary, thus getting two weeks out of a pair. (If you need any longer than that, the credit card comes into play*)

* use it as a scraper
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1