Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hiway woes...

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by Kev Murphy (Scooter), Mar 28, 2014.

1. Went for a run up the Murray River last Saturday... Waikerie, Mannum, Morgan, etc, came home Tuesday through Murray Bridge, Keith, Mount Gambier.

Fuel flow blockage four times on the way home, restricted me to 100 kph.... any faster and the motor just died.

Dropped into Timmy Campbells this morning in a witty mood.

“Hi Tim, the ‘Automatic Highway Over speed regulator module’ needs recalibration.... it is set for Victorian roads, not S.A. highways?”

He had a think for a moment.... “Ah... something wrong with the throttle?...too much of it, and you got pinched?”

“Nah!” I said... “That’s the MANUAL speed control... I’m talking about the Auto Over Ride module.. you know, regulates the speed independent of the right wrist.... if you over speed, it cuts the fuel supply?... trouble is, it detects that this is a Victorian registered bike, and its restricting me to 100 Kph instead of S.A. speeds of 110 Kph.?.... also shuts me down when overtaking other vehicles.”

By now he had a real quirky puzzled look on his face, He asked ‘You’re serious??” ...and I continued ...”Personally, I just think its a blocked fuel filter....”

We replaced the $10 filter, and the ST is pulling like a train again.