Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hit n Run

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by siddant, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37089

Hello Everyone,

Today morning I was riding to work as I normally do and I rode in from central road into blackburn road . The signal was red and I rode in between a car and the median strip on the right side of the car and stopped before him on the side waiting for the signal to go green. there was a car in front of me and as the signal went green I was pulling off and the car behind me who i overtook basically went out of his way to hit me and i had to manage very hardly not to drop the bike. Not many scratches on the bike and what have you . he hit my leg pretty hard. anyway at the next signal i asked him to pull over so i can call the cops and he says NO and he drives off and he was telling me thats what i get for overtaking or something. I couldnt hear him properly. I was behind him half way on eastern towards the city and he never stopped.

So do i go to the cops and register a hit and run? .

Also I have heard that when the cars are stopped you are allowed to ride past on the right side and its legal. is this right. should i be prepared to pay a fine for not following the law ?

2. You can overtake on the right hand side of a vehicle if wholey within the lane.
    Get him
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.