Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hit by a bus of all things...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by matressking, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Ugh. First off and i didn't go to far "off" the bike.

Was in the far right lane of 3 in stationery traffic and went to pull across through a gap into the far left lane, incidentally a bus lane. Looked left, no bus, pulled into middle lane, should have looked again, didnt, pulled out, BANG!

Completely my fault.

Bus driver said he rides a bike too and was mostly concerned for my safety. Advised me not to ride home cos of the shock but tbh I just can't afford a tow at the moment. Especially because I need a new indicator and possibly exhaust.

Anyway, just to vent, so angry at myself and I'll never neglect to double check again.

2. Sorry to hear that.

Sound like you werent too hurts too badly. You might be a bit sore tomorrow from getting knocked around. Sounds like the bike is still ridable. so alls good.

not everyone can be this lucky in an accident. Take care
  3. umm, how could you not see a bus :shock:

wow, sounds like you got very lucky, i would be buying a lotto ticket
  4. Shit, Bus's are huge and can certainly can do some damage.
    Take care.
  5. its the reason i always wear fresh underpants.

glad to hear you're ok. gotta be weary about some of those busses, especially in bus lanes. they fly along faster than they should most of the time.
  6. I hit a bus once. Oncoming, on the Ocean Road, around a blind lefty.

I reckon they're softer than cars. Plush, even. Ruined my pants though.
  7. lol @ Loz!

yea i was very lucky. and i'm thankful for that!

it was coming around a slight bend and i think I may have lost it behind a truck.

cheers for the well wishes anyway.
  8. were any of the passengers on the bus injured? since they don't wear seatbelts I guess an e-braking situation which the bus may have needed to perform could throw a few people about.
  9. I reckon the bus driver would have ruined his, too.
  10. i'm not sure. i hope not.

actually in case the driver is a member here, cheers for the concern and advice
  11. Thank goodness for your extra springy, cushiony, bus-repelling abilities mattressking. Not many people can take on a bus and win, glad you're ok :grin:
  12. #12 shadowarrior, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  13. Good thing you got off easy. Now and then on the bike I realise that I just failed to head check, and it gives me the shudders when i realise what could have just happened but for chance!