Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hit and run-Western Sydney, appealing for witnesses

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by smileedude, Jun 18, 2012.

1. http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/woman-dies-man-hurt-in-hitandrun-crash-20120618-20iqc.html

Woman dies, man hurt in hit-and-run crash

June 18, 2012 A woman has died and a young man has serious injuries after a hit-and-run crash in Sydney's west. The pair were on a motorbike that collided with a car at the intersection of Maud and Ligar streets in Fairfield West on Sunday night. The female motorbike passenger died at Liverpool Hospital this morning while the 21-year-old man remains in hospital with serious leg injuries.

Advertisement

Police say the car involved in the accident, believed to be a Toyota, fled the scene and would have suffered extensive front-end damage. Witnesses are asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. AAP

Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa

2. Ye this popped up on my Facebook, 1 of my friends knew the person

3. Our Sister Alarna Was involved in a Hit and Run last night on Maud street, Fairfield West And has Died, Alarna was only 23 years old and the most beautiful person you could meet, We all loved her so much and she has never done a thing to deserve something like this to happen and then just left there The whole family is shattered.
    Please anybody with any info that may help in anyway, please contact us or the police straight away, Help us find the person responsible, Someone must know something.
    Alarna We All Love You Baby — with (names withheld)

4. Rip.
    Hope the driver gets a conscience and fesses up.
    Very sad.

Cam

5. Thanks Goz.

Hopefully someone saw something or reports the car. I find it horrific to think that the grieving family has to think about catching the bastard. Words can't describe how I feel about their cowardice.

6. I don't consider myself a professional reader or anything but I couldn't see the part where the article mentioned the driver was a male!

7. Sorry, realised I did that and was just coming back to edit it.

8. How disgusting. :(

9. kharma....will catch up with them.

10. Fuck it.
    I read about this early today and have been dreading a NR connection all day - a friend of a friend is still too close...

My thoughts (apart from the ones hating on the driver) are with all who knew her.

11. More info on the driver and accident.

http://fairfield-advance.whereilive.com.au/news/story/family-calls-for-driver-to-come-forward/

12. terribly sad, but what were they doing riding on the road with no helmets on?

13. Heard an update that it was a maroon corolla. Scum of the earth people like that.

14. Hopefully this person gets caught and is slapped with the open hand of the law. Rip to the victim.

15. Thoughts and condolenceses to the family. Helmets may have played a crucial factor if worn.

16. http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/two-charged-over-fatal-hitandrun-20120626-20z2w.html

Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa Tapa

17. Great...glad to see they didn't get away with it despite trying to cover it up.

18. They didn't try very hard. They lived on the street of the crash (which is only 88 houses long) and brought it back there after a week without even changing the colour of the car...

19. Not a popular statement, But Kudos to the copper. That's pretty good work.