Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HISS Question on an F4i

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by booga, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Howdy,

With the newly acquired CBR 600 F4i I have, the HISS lock light doesn't flash when the bike is turned off, but when I turn the bike on the HISS lights up green during the checks and then turns off, is this a mistake or what?

2. If it's similar to the system on the 600rr it could just be switched off.

I managed to switch mine off by pushing the wrong buttons on the instrument panel. If the system is activated it should have a flashing light when the key is removed.

You will have to have the key in and in the on position in order to change things.

In the departure lounge at Melb airport so haven't got the manual to hand :wink:

Congrats on the the new bike btw !
  3. nope, they are supposed to do that, its running a self diagnosis check on itself.

make sure the light is out before you fire her up, otherwise it can cause it to throw non existant fault codes
  4. Yeah, but the whole non-flashing when in the off position is interesting...
  5. Try the following instructions from the 600rr owner manual :-

When the ignition is turned ON and the engine stop switch is at RUN the immobilizer system (HISS) indicator lights for a few seconds, then goes off. If the indicator remains on, it means the system does not recognize the coding of the key.
    Turn the ignition switch to OFF, remove the key, reinsert and turn the switch ON again.
    The immobilizer system (HISS) indicator continues to flash every 2 seconds during 24 hours when the igition switch is OFF. After this period, the indicator automatically switches off.

To operate this function, proceed as follows:

1. Turn the ignition switch ON
    2. Press and hold the ADJ button
    The immobilizer system (HISS) indicator instantly flashes, the function
    is enabled.
    3. Turn the ignition switch to OFF and the key is pulled out, the indicator
    starts to flash..

Whenever the ignition switch is turned ON, the light operation is cancelled.

Hope this helps :)

6. :grin: cheers for that... will go outside and try it now :)
  7. :? Hmmm... the described methods didn't work, bugger, I checked my manual too and it only describes what it should look like when working correctly, not how to turn on/off.... unless that was in an unrelated part...

Off to mr honda i think... i need a second key coded anyway...
  8. Booga, leave the bike with me for a few days..... i am sure i can fix it...... or was that meant to be fcuk it? :? :? :? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  9. Ummmm..... no ;)

I am looking in the manual, and says nothing about any red flashing light :?
    Maybe its not supposed to flash on this model for whatever reason? :?