Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HISS light blinking

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Wolverine, Mar 11, 2008.

1. hi people
    i just got a cbr600rr 2004 a few weeks ago and just today i notice the HISS light blink red on and off after i have switched off the ignition. I'm pretty sure it just started doing that as well.
    I'm due for a 10k service.
    i'm sure its no big deal but just wondering if anyone would know if there is something wrong with my bike.

2. nah dude, thats meant to do that.
    means the HISS is active :)
  3. ahh phew :wink:
    getting paranoid lol thanks
  4. G'day everyone,.....

And as a side note,...

If you don't start the bike for 24 hrs......the flashing light will go out!
    It dose'nt mean the HISS is'nt working because it is ,..it is just conserving battery power by not flashing it's LED.

Dr Who?
  5. read the owners manual - you can set it so it blinks, or so it doesn't blink, it's up to you
  6. :oops:
    I thought this thread was about a snake :facepalm:
  7. Except the cbr 600 f4i HISS light... no-one can tell me if mine is supposed to be blinking or not... and my manual doesn't have the on/off feature in it, so dunno if that applies to mine.
    But it does flash green when i first turn the bike on, so i assumed its been working... :?
  8. I have CBR 600 F4i, 2007 and the HISS light has never blinked. When I turned ignition on, the light turns green but thats it. How can I switch it on?
  9. Hondas service intervals dont go in 10's. They go in 6's. 6,12,18,24. Yamaha are the only Jap bike that go in 10's
  10. Turn on the ignition and hold in the left hand button on the dash. The HISS light will then flash once. Turn off the ignition again.

The light will flash for 24hrs and will de-activate automatically thereafter if the ignition is not turned on, to save on battery usage.
  11. I am not sure I understand which left hand button. There are two buttons for the tripmeter and the clock adjustment. One of thous?
  12. Yup, one of those.
  13. Well, I have tried each one of them together with the ignition, then I have tried both of them with the ignition but nothing happened. Any other ideas?