Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hirano Pop (Japan)

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by mullalyup, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of a manual for a 1957, 175cc, Hirano Pop?

2. my great grandfather had one once upon a time. Apparently it was sold to a nomadic group of middle aged gypsys touring oz. On the Gypsys return to Uzbekistan, the manual was offloaded by the gypsys to a local Impoverished Hirano Pop riding rice farmer in exchange for a bowl of rice. On discovering the manual was printed in English, he hoisted the manual over the fence he was standing next too, landing in a pile of fresh yaks dung. 5 years later, a young local Uzbeky boy,saw the manual laying on the ground outside farmer Boris Krakows fence. The boy read the manual for hours and hours on end, not understanding a single word, but swearing one day when he could afford it, a Hirano Pop would be his. Unfortunately for young Ninitski, he was frozen to death during a particularly cold winter in 1962. The manual was then traded at the local book exchange by Ninitskis parents, for 2 rubels, enough for a small bunch of daisies for his burial. There to this day, the manual remains.
  3. So, did young Ninitski's parents bury the Hirano Pop manual with his body ? If so, I have something to look forward to when I die. I will ammend my will to ensure that I am buried with the Hiraro Pop. Young Niniski and I can burn around the clouds together.

If young Ninitski wasn't interred with the manual, where in Uzbekistan is it likely to be located?
  4. Acording to the Uzbeky yellow pages > http://yellowpages.rin.ru/cgi-bin/index_e.cgi?z=UZ

i can only find 1 book shop in Uzbekistan so it should be easy to find

City Tashkent
    Name of enterprise "OZIK OVKAT SAVDO LTD"
    Activity fields Polyethylene forms, writing-books, paper, mayonnaise, ketchup, tomato paste, vegetables and fruit
    Telephones to contact (99871) 133-18-87
    Fax 1207164
    Mail address 1 Yangibazarnaya St., Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, 700007

Hope this helps
  5. Yes. Thanks for pointing that out. I misread the original post. I'll check out the Uzbeky yellow pages for bookshops
  6. Not a problem, we're here to help :p
  7. cool looking scooter :)
  8. Duffman, How do you know what a Hirano Pop looks like? I have a photo here somewhere, but I don't know how to post it.
  9. [​IMG]

I just like the look of the lines of it. Granted, you cant see much from that shot, but you get the idea.
  10. Duffman, thats the same photo that I have. My one has a chrome rail at the rear of the rear seat. No side covers though. There must be an "Elephant's Graveyard" for side covers somewhere.

Have you got a photo of the Hirano Valmobile?, the suitcase on wheels.

If so, you should stick it up for a laugh.
  11. you mean this one....

certainly an interesting bit of kit :shock:
  12. Hey Duffman,
    Iv'e seen the 1st pic but not the 2nd. Looks cool in orange.
    looks like that the front assembly swivels and locks for ease of transportation (in a car) You could go down to the pub on a Friday night and bum a lift home with someone else.
  13. Duffman! I'm starting to suspect this is a one man comedy routine :p