Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hilux tried to run me over

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by seefu, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Just need a place to vent! The adrenaline is still pumping..

I was riding home tonight. Around 9pm in the rural area of Darwin where there are no streetlights. I came around a large sweeper where there was a car with HID (reflector) headlights sitting on the side of the road. He turned his lights off as I approached but there was another car off in the distance coming towards me and he turned all his lights on (HID for his headlights and HID spotlights) blinding me.

I slowed down quite a bit as I approached as I couldn't see then I realised this stupid car (silver Hilux) was coming into my lane trying to run me over!!

I managed to squeeze in between the car parked on the side of the road and this bloody hilux but only just. I think it was pure, dumb luck that got me out of that one because I was blind!

I didn't manage to get plates cos I was blind going towards him and after I passed, I just needed to get out of there, my heart was going much faster than my bike is capable..

2. normally i'm all for shit stirring people - not the case here, shit go mate glad you came through with nothing more than a racing heartbeat.

3. With any luck the bastards will wrap themselves and themselves alone around a tree somewhere.
    and report the bastard to the po-po. You might not be able to identify them but it will add up with other reports and get the cops to investigate.

4. Yep he's been reported. I posted this on our local Darwin forum and looks like someone may have encountered the same person. Same area, similar car (not too sure on details due to darkness).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glad you're OK. No one needs that kind of crap.

6. Good. I hope a croc gets the mongrel.

7. They only get German tourists don't they? With a bit of luck he will cop a return from a road train.