Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hills ride (VIC)

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by peter-reebok, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Another 109 rider and I managed to get together and have a short ride this morning.

Thru the hills of the Dandenongs. Incident free, and fun filled!. We used one of the rides we used for a Boulevard KRUZE, but this time it only took 1-1/2 hrs instead of 2-1/2!.

He has the Big Air kit on his bike, and quite a few other mods.
    He has no sliders left on his bike, and mine is only a week old, so I was a bit concerned how I would fare.
    I am still not familiar with the low speed handling of the 109, so managed to make the odd stuff up on a roundabout, and on a hairpin, uneventful though.
    We sort of let the 9's off the leash though, mantaining a steady 100+ kmh, even when the advisory signs suggested 55 was a better speed (and it was a 60 kmh road!). Other rider was pushing a bit harder than me, a combination of only 800klm on my bike, and a lack of skill on my behalf, although I managed to scrape both sides repeatedly on the odd corner.
    Corner speeds were higher than I probably would have normally considered, but I managed to keep up. I especially liked the overtaking speed of the 9, a bit better than I am used to.
    The quiet coffee afterwards was enjoyable, and we have made some plans for a larger ride, with perhaps some more participants. And a SHED day, where we will grease driveshafts, check clutch cables, and maybe check clutch nuts, etc.
    Was a good intro for my bike, and a chance for me to open it up a bit and follow someone else. Heck, I might have even learned something!.

C'Mon Melbourne Cruiser Riders, lets show those sportsbikers we ride our bikes too!. Who is up for it!
  2. If i still had a cruiser i would love to come... :grin:
  3. well Paully, you know how to remedy the situation :p
  4. Nah, dont think ill go for a cruiser again.. :grin:
  5. any pic's??? love the m109
  6. I've only had it a week - it is just a std bike!.
    Suzuki Aust has better pics than I can take anyway!.

First svc tomorrow morning!.
  7. here are some photos

My bike - when I got it home from the dealers

8. Another 109 - on the ride yesterday

Might be seen around rowville - watch out - no sliders left, modded exhaust, intakes, reg plate, 'debeavered'

9. Well done Peter. They are a mean looking cruiser.
    How does the weight feel at low speeds?
  10. The weight at low speeds is not an issue - being a dry sump, engine is low.
    The length is more of an issue.
    2nd gear is ok only over 40kmh (maybe because it is not run in?), so roundabouts are a choice between
    too high a gear (2nd)
    Too low a gear (1st)
    or clutching it through.

U turns are not an issue, and filtering is fine.
  11. Love to do a ride but LITTLE bit under powered with the Intruder, have to wait till next year when I can upgrade.
  12. thanks for the pics....looks awesom.

saw a review on the tellie which said that the power wants to drag your arms off the bars, truth or was he just being a pussy because Suzuki paid him to?
  13. Suzuki Australia might have better pics than you can take but its good to see a bike in the eye of the owner, the lines which he or she think it looks the best in.
  14. Hey peter-reebok , mind tellin' whats the tarps hidin' , fj , '40 ford ???? looks like Welds on da front , maybe some nostagia strip car . the 109 is a lot better than the V rod .......cheers
  15. Yep - first guess too!. an Fj.

Since I took these photos - I have lowered it 5 inches, added a vk calais interior, and added a 3/4 race 202.
    Car has been bare metalled, and I sprayed it myself.
    Another unfinished project!
  16. yeah mate , looks good , nice and straight , gotta soft spot the effies , I've had a few , for something that used to be parked on nearly every street , they sure are rare these days , I've got early stuff myself , .........OH and take care of that 240 rear .......ha ha ha