Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hill End to Mudgee NSW

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Rose, Dec 27, 2012.

1. On Boxing Day we went out to Hill End from Bathurst by car (bit hard to sling my 82 year-old mother on the back of the bike) to Hill End, via Eglinton which is all sealed. Great road, beautiful country, very much "back of beyond" - can't wait to do it on the bike. A few wonderful patches of twisties, even in a 4-wheel drive. Hill End itself is fascinating - virtually untouched since the 1870s. Worth the trip.

Hill End Road goes through to Sofala and has about 5km of dirt which, going by all the road work signs and diggers everywhere, looks like it's being sealed - much quicker way back to Bathurst.

From Hill End there's a road through to Mudgee. My question is - does anyone know what this road is like - is it sealed? It's about 67 km.

I'm seriously thinking of selling the Duke for a Tiger 800 with knobblies. But then I'd be trading in track days for off-road. Maybe sell the F800ST for the Tiger and keep the Duke.

Post-lunch musings. What are holidays for .........
  2. That sounds better.