Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hike up to 'Mt Kosciusko'.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by twainharte, Dec 27, 2007.

1. 1st off: gratuitous pic for the boyz on here :grin:

i have roped a friend of mine to go hike up that ant hill known as 'Mt Kosciusko'.

have done it before, some seasons ago, in early spring when the back country was still covered in snow. :)

this time around it'll be summer, obviously, and i'm very keen to do an over night stay near the summit.

has anybody on here done this?

was thinking, initially, to go by myself and take the bike but cus of reasons that need no explaining, a car would be a better option, hence the friend.

would like to start off at 'Charlotte's pass' but am a little unsure where one would need to park the car for an overnight in the back country.

are we allowed to leave it up at CP over night? is a camping permit required? no, i don't want to access the back country via the thredbo route.

have only had a cursory glance at this site: nationalparks.nsw.gov.au

any other links? info/tips/...?

thanks in advance.

2. Your gratuitous pic is broken.
  3. nope, its looking pretty good from here :grin:
  4. My only advice is to try and go last in your group.
  5. Yep, not broken at all now. Looking damn fine.

6. ive done the summit from Charlottes Pass. Tbh its pretty easy, we ran the whole way stopping once (it can be done in a few hours). The problem with taking the bike is that you can't take it all the way to the top, you would have to leave it when the 4wd track stops, a km from the summit? As far as hiking goes, it would be great. My brother has done 6 day self sufficient hikes in that area, but it was done through a company. Perhaps there is a shuttle bus or something? There is always someone at Charlottes Pass, im sure you could bribe someone to get back afterwards.
    Hope this helps