Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hijab Woman falsely accused a police officer of forcibly removing her veil

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by lowercase, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Well.... what a biatch.

2. Why is "browny loves cows" a tag for this post lol?

Agreed, she should be punished. She signed a declaration with false allegations. It is a waste of resources and as mentioned it could jeopardise a persons job.

Biggest thing for me though is that it belittles legitimate complaints; I'm sure there are serious cases of racism involving the authorities and this woman tries to play the racism card because she was pulled over for not having her p plates on properly.
  3. FFS, islam is not a *race*, it's one of these foul, offensive and backwards things called a *religion*. Having said that, I'm willing to concede that all cops are racist if she concedes all muslims are terrorists.
  4. just cows in general, or is there a special particular cow that has stolen his heart ?
    ..could it be, that this time, browny has finally found true and reciprocating love
  5. nah, we'd have heard about it if he had
  6. Yeah she is an absolute idiot but having her locked up seems a little OTT. We have dicks physically injuring 2 people on the GOR and walking away with a small $6000 fine yet someone who tells a lie goes to jail. Where do find these c%*nts they call magistrates?
  7. From an Australian to an Australian

A Letter to the Editor (excellent letter)

So many letter writers have explained how this land is made up of immigrants. Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people why today's Australian is not willing to accept the new kind of immigrant any longer.

Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to Australia, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in Sydney and be documented. Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new Australian households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home. They had waved good bye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture.

Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labour laws to protect them. All they had were the skills, craftsmanship and desire they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity.

Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. Australians fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany, Italy, France, Japan, Czechoslovakia , Russia, Sweden, Poland and so many other places. None of these first generation Australians ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Australians fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan. They were defending the Freedom as one people. When we liberated France, no-one in those villages was looking for the Ukrainian-Australian or the German-Australian or the Irish-Australian. The people of France saw only Australians.

And we carried one flag that represented our country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an Australian.

And here we are in 2010 with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one that includes an Australian passport and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an Australian is all about. Australians have been very open-hearted and open-minded regarding immigrants, whether they were fleeing poverty, dictatorship, persecution, or whatever else makes us think of those aforementioned immigrants who truly did ADOPT our country, and our flag and our morals and our customs. And left their wars, hatred, and divisions behind. I believe that the immigrants who landed in Australia in the early 1900s deserve better than that for the toil, hard work and sacrifice those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags, fighting foreign battles on our soil, making Australians change to suit their religions and cultures, and wanting to change our countries fabric by claiming discrimination when we do not give in to their demands.

Its about time we get real and stand up for our forefathers rights, we are AUSTRALIANS!

Lest we forget it!!!

I am a Native of this Country & proud of it!

NO MORE not saying CHRISTMAS in stores and our schools,

I Want MY AUSTRALIA of birth BACK !!!

8. I watched a debate on SBS a few weeks ago and the Muslims on the show said that they don't have any issues with removing the veil to show their face if it relates to security or identification.

So this incident surely was an issue of identification and there should have been no problem showing their face to the police officer...I mean how else does he check that the licence matches the face!!!

Then I recently heard a speaker for muslims on the TV saying that the police should have got a police woman to identify the woman as they object to showing their face to a man!
    Before you know it someone will have an issue showing their face to a non-muslim police officer and where does it end!

To me, it's simple...if a police officer asks to see your face then you show it and if you don't like this particular Australian law, then as a free nation, Australia will happily allow you to leave!
  9. What?
    The good ol' 1950s?
  10. re:letter to the editor.

oh, gawd! an australian "teabagger" missing the good ol' days.

let me guess, the writer of that letter is white?

pretty sure it wasn't great for the "wogs", "slopeheads" who had to endure racism and whatnot whilst trying to assimilate.
  11. So what is excellent about this letter?

Perhaps if the writer was to be more honest it might hold more credence. Indigenous people might have a different view about the benign nature of European settlement of Australia.
  12. What really irks me is that, and this is a gross generalisation and I know it, Muslims tend to get told "no" for something and its straight onto the race card. Sadly these people give muslims a bad name because I used to work with a muslim couple. They had recently migrated to Australia, he WAS an investment banker and she WAS a psychologist... since they got here there qualifications weren't worth a pinch of shit and he was working as a courier and pizza delivery driver and she was working in the same pizza shop to make ends meet. When I asked "Why?" His response was simple. "Our children will have a better life with more freedoms here" They, there kids included as I spoke to them numerous times, NEVER EVER played the race bullshit. It's just a shame that this is indicative of ALL.

Further to this, what shits me and this seems quite small, legally I am required by law to remove my helmet when walking in to pay for petrol yet I can wear something that completely obscures my face/body on the basis of religion and thats ok.
  13. This really is the most pathetic of all replies.

So what is excellent about this letter?

Perhaps if the writer was to be more honest it might hold more credence. Indigenous people might have a different view about the benign nature of European settlement of Australia.
    RIP 'Sally' Jones 1999 - 8/12/2006 Woof!

I have two siblings from Korea. I grew up on our property out west of Cobar called Clover creek. Know it ? All our staff were indigenous. I have quite a few indigenous friends, do you ??? And how far shall we take this back in time. Shall we blame the homo sapian for driving the Neanderthals off the cliffs in Morocco ????
    Have you ever worked in a foreign country ??? Being a white Australian ?? GFY What happens In Asia or the middle east if you are caught being an illegal immigrant???? Or overstay your visa ???? how about trying for asylum over there ???? Nah didn't think so. Where did the 1950's come from. People have been immigrating to these shores for three hundred years. Seems the trouble and racism hss only gotten out of control now. Why???
    It's not what this country has to offer you. It's what you have to offer out country. we are already here and good. we don't need you. You need us dick head. You can rant and rave all you like. Just give me one good case where differnet creeds have lived side by side in peace. Specially creeds that call for the death of anyone who is not of the same ilk.
  14. If Mr/Mrs "I am the law" wants to look at your face, you better show him/her quick smart. Its a bit like breath testing as far as im concerned.
  15. Unfortunately Islam gives her a safe haven for her sensitive ego. I bet shes not that hot either.
  16. Not about religion at all, in normal circumstances she could do whatever she likes but identifying someone is very important in security situations.
  17. No need to bag Islam or Muslims as that has nothing to do with the article. She lied..... Ok, haven't you ever lied? So everybody lies whether they are white, black, Muslim, Christian or Jew. Who gives a toss if shes a Muslim. She could have been any religion, race or color.

She will be held accountable for her and only her own actions. No need to generalise the topic.
  18. The fact that she is a muslim has everything to do with the article...if she wasn't a muslim she wouldn't be wearing a religious veil and the police officer would be able to see her face and she wouldn't have lied about him pulling the veil off her face so there would not be any problem!
  19. Hang on, is she wearing only the hijab or a burqa type thing??? A hijab is only the head covering leaving the face fully exposed but on the other hand a burqa covers both the face and head completely.

The article & subject of this thread is talking about veil in the sense of hijab(only head covered & face exposed) this being the case your post doesn't make sense.

On the other hand let's say her face was covered and she lied saying the cop forcefully took it off, that's her business and only she will suffer the consequences. Whether she was a Muslim or not has got nothing to do with it.

Nuns cover their heads, some Jews cover their heads heck in the old days most woman used to cover their heads. Isn't Mary's photo always showing her head covered, is she a Muslim too then?