Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by paulyy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, name is Paul if you didn't guess haha, ridden dirt bikes a bit but just been moved into a position at work which requires me to hand back to work car and spend a couple hours of my own time driving, which has become the best excuse to buy a road bike!

2. Welcome to NR!

Any excuse can be used to ride :grin: What bike are you looking at getting?
  3. No idea yet...a couple hours of commuting is a factor so it can't be too uncomfortable, thinking around 600cc is a good balance and power and agility...struggling to choose a bike tho! Any recommendations, I like the super sport look, up to 8k but preferably less
  4. Mmmm I am heavily biased to Gixers :demon:

If a couple of hours a day of commuting is the norm, probs a sports cruiser like a GS500 would be a nice ride, easier on the back, and can throw it around fairly easily.
  5. Would LOVEEE a gsxr750-1000! will have a look into the gs500 now thanks
  6. MmMm I like you already!

You'll find your back suffers further down the track when commuting a couple of hours each day to and from in a sportsbike position (slightly hunched).. it wont be immediate, and you'll feel fine the first few months.. but it eventually catches up.

Chose a bike that is fit for the purpose (y)

That's why I catch the train to work.. as awful and congested as it is.. it separates my fun (Gixer) from stress (Congestion)!
  7. Any idea why I can't login on tapatalk it says I'm not in the right group
  8. You need to be a PAID MEMBER ($10 once-off) to use Tapatalk and post 'For Sales'
  9. The train is longer than the drive, that's the only problem, even ifI get a bike then change my mind and catch the train haha!