Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Highway Pegs - Yes or No

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Jjmax, May 16, 2012.

1. Hi Folks ,

I'm new to the site and just getting back onto a bike after 10 years.
    I recently bought a Yamaha XVS1100 and love it.

I'm thinking of highway pegs or maybe boards for comfort. I'm 6'3" and would appreciate any advice or thoughts.

2. hey dude,

congrats on the new ride! i have an xvs1100 too, awesome bikes!

have a look at control extensions, you can fab them pretty easy yourself, or get them on ebay for pretty cheap.

You're a tall bloke like I am, and it really makes the ride way more comfortable stretching the legs out. ive got 4inch extensions on mine, but im looking at putting 6inch extensions on pretty soon.

Also, with the xvs1100 I found that the brakes are pretty good stock, but I would recommend you install some stainless steel braided brake lines, and some sintered brake pads. makes a huge difference with braking feel and power.
  3. Cheers Ben,

Certainly worth thinking about.
  4. I've got highway pegs on my bike (Virago 1100). Its great to stretch out the old legs when they're feeling a bit cramped on a long ride. I'm glad I bought them.
  5. I've recently put a pair of Kurykan offsets on my xvs650 custom - worth the money but only for a bit of a stretch (~188cm, standard pegs more comfortable generally, for me)
    Looking forward to trying forward controls though.
  6. Your choice.

I had highway pegs on one bike. Loved them for the long haul rides, great for stretching out for a bit. I've even considered putting I set of highway pegs on the Bandit.