Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Highway near miss... phew

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by rubenastley, Mar 2, 2012.

1. So i was riding down the western ring road doing 95kmh in the middle lane, i indicate for a good 3-4 seconds, check my left mirror and a good head check... nothing. once i finished my headcheck i refocused back on my left mirror and started to change lane... as i started changing lane, i see in my mirror some biatch pulling out behind me and furiously undertook me at 5-10km above the speed limit. lucky i was still paying attention to mirror while changing lane and saw her pop out behind me and forcing me to swerve back right ... phew that could of gone real bad... she even greased me off and then started swerving and undertaking more cars and trucks ... worst! why the **** would you change lane and undertake a vehicle that had already been indicating its intention of a lane change! lesson of the day, check your mirrors (especially behind you if you can), head check and check your mirrors again while changing lane!

2. I hate the western ring road
  3. Sounds similar the the M4 here in Sydney... everyone is in a hurry for some reason and even with 4 lanes in places, some like to do their "I can get past a few more cars" using the left-most lane. The biatch is you need to be focused NOT ONLY of muppets performing what you described BUT ALSO cagers doing the last minute dive for the exit from the right-most lane(s).
  4. Maybe she recognised the bike...and was just desperate to get away as far as possible in case those brakes didnt work........:rolleyes:

Oh, you fixed the calipers........ nice to know=D>
  5. lots of crack whores frequent the western ring road
  6. And you know them personally?
  7. Have had plenty of near misses on the Ring Rd...at least a couple a week...I find the Monash Fwy worst for stupid lane changes (during the 80km/hr part after the tunnel outbound).

Good to hear you avoided an accident and keeping your cool :).
  8. What happens if you hit the cats-eye on the highway, or any road for that matter?
  9. There's no such thing as 'undertaking.' It's overtaking regardless of which side they come from.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. If she'd hit him it might have been 'undertaking'.
    But not by her.
    • Like Like x 1