Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Highside leaves Stoner injured *Partial Race spoiler inside*

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by MelbourneMick, Aug 19, 2012.

1. #2 NWRAP, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

3. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

Conspiracy theory time. It could just be an optical elution but if you watch it in slow motion it looks like his tyre has deflated as he stands the bike up coming around the corner???

4. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

5. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

I hope that's not his hunting, shooting, fishing or driving foot :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I thought you would have been satisfied that the commentary was in English
  7. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

Well, that's one way to remove a rear tyre!
  8. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

Im convinced that tyre is off the rim before it starts to bounce.

9. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

You should change your tag-line to "Insert DIM-WITTED comment here"
  10. au contraire moins mortel l'esprit est forte dans celui-ci.
  11. rallegrare vecchio non è tutto negativo
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

I dono it just looked like a dirty hi side to me, got the back end WAY out of shape and chopped it.

The tyre might have come off just though the slingshot effect, he wasn't going slow!~
  13. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

There is so much energy being transmitted through the rear tyre,I wouldnt be suprised if it was being pealed off the rim.Ugly.He has been pushing that bike so hard,always does.
    Might be the end,ligaments dont heal quick.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Injury update

After today’s crash during qualifying practice for the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, the Repsol Honda Team has confirmed Casey Stoner was taken to the Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis for further check-ups.
    Casey had X-rays and an MRI scan on the right tibia and fibula, right ankle and right foot. It was firmed he had suffered several small chipped bone fractures, a 10mm fracture on the talar dome below the tibia and fibula, contusions to the anterior tibia, posterior tibia and medial malleolus, and soft tissue swelling around the ankle. He has also torn his deltoid, anterior talofibial, calcaneal and fibular ligaments in addition to a high ankle sprain.

Hospital staff strapped the ankle for protection through the night and Casey left the hospital at midnight. He will consult with the medical team in the morning to assess the situation ,and decide if he is able to ride the machine safely.
    Casey Stoner:
    ”It’s the first time in my career that I haven’t been able to get up and walk away from an accident myself. As soon as I stood up, I looked down and saw my foot was at a strange angle to my leg. I had a shooting pain in my lower leg, then I felt a crack as my ankle popped back in. It was very painful and I was sure I had broken something. The local staff at the circuit Medical Centre were all very helpful and after taking some initial x-rays they agreed I should go to hospital for further checks. The team that looked after me at the Methodist Hospital were fantastic, so professional, attentive and incredibly helpful. I’d like to thank them all for taking good care of me. They confirmed that I had some chipped bone around my ankle and a small fracture, but I was concerned about the damage done to any ligaments so we did an MRI scan. This showed that I had torn almost every ligament in my ankle and heavily bruised my tibia. I need to see how I feel tomorrow morning to understand if I’m able to race. I am really disappointed as I felt we had the package for pole in this race and a strong chance for the win. Many other riders came off today, I hope they are ok. We’ll see how we feel in the morning and will do all we can to be on the grid.”
    Stoner was one of three riders to fall victim to the same section of track, the double left turns 13-14. The reigning world champion was exiting turn 13 when the rear of Repsol Honda RC213V came around, caught traction, and spat him into the air. Stoner landed face down, first hitting his toes and knees. When he tried to stand up his knees buckled. He was transported to the infield care centre where it was initially determined he may have a torn ligament in his right ankle. With debris on the track, the session was red flagged.
    Stoner was fastest at the time of his crash, but fell to sixth overall.
  15. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

take the lovers tiff someplace else ladies. :nopity:

interesting about the tyre, they do deflect alot under acceleration but the way the rear wheel disintergrated in the crash was weird....
  16. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

you bucking for Moderator, Jimmy :LOL:??
  17. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

Yep, thats why I kept looking at it in slow mo. It could just be the camera angle but Im sure something happened to the rear tyre.
  18. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

lol at people trying to look at slow mo footage of a wheel spinning at 180km/hr from a camera at less than perfect angle, being re-recorded on a phone - again at an angle to the TV, then trying to slow the video down through the youtube player..
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Re: Highside leaves Stoner injured

Sabotage.. It's obviously some nefarious plot of the doctors making.

.Remove Tinfol Hat