Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Highest selling bike in aus

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Somatic, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Was just curious, and wondering, what the highest selling bike in the country is? Anyone know?

2. Yep it's the Honda CT110.
  3. Desmosedici D160RR :)

Actually, I think the latest edition of AMCN has a list of all bike types and the best sellers.

4. Yup, I think the Kawasaki Ninja 250 is next.
  5. Believe it or not, the postie is not the best selling bike in OZ for the first 6 months of this year

So guess again :)

It's actually the Ninja 250r by 59 units

Source - http://www.fcai.com.au/news/all/all...-reports-strong-growth-in-first-half-of-2011-

From above link

Kawasaki’s Ninja 250R road bike was the best selling single model with 1093 sales. Honda’s popular CT110, sold almost exclusively to Australia Post as a delivery bike, was the second best seller with 1034 sales.
  6. Only cos auspost is cutting their costs so probably putting off ordering us new bikes. (mine's approaching 17thou, thats a long, hard life for one of these suckers in the postal service)
  7. Take a look at the Top 10 Excel file available for download. Apparently the Hyo GT650R is classified as a Supersports...and look at the massive increase for the ZX-10R
  8. Does Australia post not bother rebuilding the engines in these things and just order new ones once the top end wears out?
  9. Triumph would be pretty stoked that they have pushed straight into 4th place in the adventure/touring category with the Tiger 800.
  10. Pretty sure they don't bother. I used to think they left auspost once they hit 20thou k's but I had to use some replacement ones recently and they had well over that.

I do know that they all go to certain vehicle option groups in their respective states.
  11. AusPost used to replace it's CTs around the 20-25K km mark but now access each unit based on it's service record and the area they operate in.

By way of comparison, the flat pathed rounds of St Albans in Melbourne's west where I started could easily see a bike operate happily beyond 30K km but the hilly goat tracks of Turramurra Sydney that I transferred to thrash a bike for every single one of the 20K km of it's life.

In regards to rebuilding the engines, the (lack of) power plant is the lowest consideration for AusPost with the highest being frame integrity - 25kg of mail, up and down kerbs, across bumpy ground of all forms and ridden hard by people who don't own them - as an engine failure sees them send a replacement bike out to to complete the deliveries but a frame failure could be a major OH&S shit fight.