Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Highest bridge in the world!!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by removed-6, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Looks like a BASE jumper's dream. :)
  3. Actually, I'd rather ride the road the snakes down into the valley, along its floor and back up the escarpment on the other side; did you see it in the Top Gear segment last night :shock:?
  4. Mmmm, saw that on Top Gear......I've always wanted a GT 40. That or a Lamborghini Miura..........

Regards, Andrew.
  5. G'day everyone,......

Looks like a nice bridge to ride over,....I wonder what the cross winds would be like?
    It would be great to have your movie camera attached to your bike as you rode over it.

Dr Who?
  6. Awesome :grin:
  7. Yeah saw that on TopGear the other night too
  8. But concrete is so brittle! :?
  9. Amazing feat of engineering......love it!
  10. Thats crazy, would love to ride over that haha :grin:
  11. funnny how you melbournians complain about the west gate then you see a bridge that is 1000 feet off the ground and want to ride across it, imgine standing at the pinnicle of a mountain with all that wind thats what it would be like up there, cross winds galore, riding angle that will have you scraping your knees in a straight line.

it would be good on a calm day on a unrestricted busa openning the throttle up and just letting yourself run wild across that
  12. mmmm give me the twisties below!
  13. It is really windy there, discovery channel shows how it was made about once a week.
    I'd much rather the twisties too :)
  14. seems to me that adding the bridge and moving all the traffic onto that...they effectively have given the twisties to you.
  15. Not to mention moved the coppers :grin: