Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

High mileage ER6 or Versys?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by the mole, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Anyone out there got a high mileage ER6 or Versys?
    Just want to know about their durability/reliability/oil consumption.

2. Interested to know, I just bought a er6.
  3. Bullet proof as you can get I would think, not sure about oil consumption although I would imagine these engines in good nick shouldnt use much at all.
  4. Its a very popular bike in Europe and my knowledge says they are bulletproof. Mine has only done 20k but does not consume any oil at all.
  5. I knew a couple of folk in the UK who posted staggering mileages on EN450/500 variants and GPZ500Ss, both of which used the direct ancestor, AFAIK, of the ER/Versys power unit. I'm not sure about their oil consumption but 150,000 miles without trouble was reached in at least a couple of cases. The bikes weren't babied either, just frequent oil changes.

On the downside, the rest of the bike had pretty much dissolved around the engine by that point, but that's a damp climate and road salt for you :twisted:.