Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HID's slow warm up

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Doch, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Mods before youpull your hair out , sorry vic, I've done a search but theres nothing about my problem.

I upgraded to HID's and I'm as happy as the preverbial except for one thing. Start up time. Going from low to high and vice versa I have about 5 - 8 secs of very poor lighting until the globe warms up. I dont know if this is the norm but my bike has the low on a copletely seperate curcuit to highs so when the high is turned on the low turns off and this is where i have the prob. 95% of my riding is country so u can see that this is more than just annoying.
    Even though i installed the whole set up with no major drama I'm still a bit of a novice so please keep it simple for me :grin:

Thanks guys

2. Regarding the bulb warm up, this sounds normal. What setup do you have headlight/bulb type wise?