Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hidden speed camera near Cann River after MotoGP

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by noosa, Dec 7, 2008.

1. How many people out there returning home travelling thru Cann River heading back to syd or qld after the GP picked up tickets from a hidden camera near Cann River. It was pissing down with rain and had done all dayso getting some of us for travelling 9 klms over was going to save our lives or raise a few bucks?
    Noosa K1200s

2. I believe I read something in a paper suggesting around there would be under police watch, in particular. Sorry you got a ticket!
  3. Sorry Noosa, On behalf of all Victorians I apologise for our police and government's misguided, ill thought out but highly lucrative speed camera policy. Don't let it dissuade you from visiting us though. :)
  4. Gotta hand it to you - first time I've heard "pissing down with rain" waved around as some form of mitigation against a speeding fine. A sensible person would think that speeding when it is sheeting down is worse than in the dry because your speed is much more likely to be a problem should something happen and you need to stop in a hurry. Not only is your visibility degraded, either through the rain in front of you or on your visor(if you have one), but you have significantly less traction. -10 points for thinkin'.