Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HID Suzuki GSX750F

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Rapson, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Done a quick search here and didn't find all the answers I was looking for.

I have a 2006 Suzuki GZX750F and would like to upgrade the headlights as I do a fair bit of night riding.

Looking at HID kits do I need to fit a projector or will just a bulb/ballast kit do the job. And if I do need a projector kit can anyone suggest a good place to get them?

2. if you want better vision at night, go for the projectors.

if you just want it to look 'cool' and blind everyone coming the other way, go for the standard bulb/ballast. this option gives you negligible benefit (except signs standing out like the proverbial) and in my experience, may even hinder your vision.
  3. Having fitted a HID kit to my stock Halogen headlight, I agree with the above.

The Retrofit Source: www.theretrofitsource.com, Sportbike Stage 3 Kit looks like the one to have.

If you want to have a crack at it without the projector & your bike uses a H4 globe, you can buy my old HID kit :)

I have seen HID's work in halogen reflector headlihts (CBR1100 springs to mind), but it really depends upon the shape & type of reflector: large open round ones seems to work ok.

4. ive been meaning to do this... the only thing to worry bout with this place is that they are in the US, so if you have 2 bulbs, they may be pointing wrong (if you cant adjust them interdependently).
  5. Nah, it's a Bi-Xenon HID: one globe with a beam cutoff for lo beam. You will need to specify right of left hand drive though, to make sure the cut off is in the right direction.
  6. ive got 2 bulbs, you know, the really stupid design of 1 hi and 1 low so it looks stupid!

so i am looking at doing a dual bi-xenon setup