Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hickson Road Parking Sydney

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Casper_1, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Anyone know where to complain! I realise it won't make any difference but at least I will get to vent at someone. They used to have enough parking spots for about 50 bikes - 25 on each side of Hickson Road in the city. Since they've started building on a site next to one of the spaces they just decided to barricade the spaces off. Now it's a total sh*t fight to try and get a space - and if you can't find one there's nowhere else to park as it's all pay and display...................!@#$%^&

2. Casper i don't know if you have seen the other spots i see about 20-30 bikes parked .
    Go all the way to the end of george street at The rocks end as you go under the harbour bridge turn sharp and go up the hill under the bridge again ,and the is a spot for about 50 bikes .
    Now im NOT SURE IT'S 100% LEGAL ,but i see bikes parked there all the time and never seen any fines on the bikes and this spot is behind a concret barrier and off the road.
    It would take 5 minutes to check it out from where your talking about at hickson road .
    Check it in the arvo and see if any bikes have been booked ,if there not ,you SHOULD be ok ,as the parking police go up and down that st "cumberland st" 5 times a day.
    Just and idea ,but park at your own risk.
  3. That area is private property so the council can't book you.

They don't like you parking there and are trying to come up with a way to stop bikes parking there though.
  4. I work in the Rocks and on the days I ride to work I park in the spot Sleddog is talking about. It's a handy spot and have never seen a ticket on any bikes there. It seems to be becoming a popular spot.
  5. Kaer ,i think your talking about across the road ,this spot is a part of the road ,thats not being used.

Or you can do what i do and park in the units next door where my parents live.
    Hey muzbot ,do you stop at the genmore hotel for a beer its a good spot ,go up stairs great views and nice beer on a sunny arvo.
  6. Sleddog - haven't been to the glenmore for a while - but yeah, it's a good pub. Love the roof. They used to do the best bangers and mash - but I think they've changed the kitchen and staff recently. Must try and get there agian soon for a work lunch.
  7. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Yeah your righ,t my mum retired ,she was there for 6 years.
    They got new owners ,but just got some of the old kitchen staff back ,so should be nice again.