Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DaveS, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Hi,
    Just did my pre-learners course last week and put a deposit down on a CB250N today which I'll pick up on Thursday.
    Have spent the last couple of weeks reading up on the huge amount of info on this site and can't wait to start riding!
    I've got to pick the bike in Chatswood and drive back to the Central Coast, I'm planning to take my time via the back streets till I get to the Old Pacific Highway. If I go slow and steady with lots of breaks do you think I'll be OK?

Dave :-k
  2. Your a rider now, your days of being ok are over :LOL:

[​IMG] Welcome to NR :cool:
  3. hi and welcome to NR
  4. you'll be fine.. just remember to take little steps at a time and u'll be right.. good luck with it all and welcome btw :p
  5. Thanks, can't wait to get on the bike now :grin:
  6. Chatswood to the Central Coast IS a daunting ride when you haev to contend with homidical Sydney motorists. Just keep your eyes and ears open and you'll be fine.
  7. Just thought I'd let you know I got home safely.
    Had a great run up the Old Pacific Highway and a coffe at Road Warriors.
    Really got the hang of countersteering turns in the twisties about half way through the trip - feels wierd but works!
    Still struggling with right turns from a standing start though... not sure how to make these smooth.
    Anyway first 145 km completed.