Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mewnz, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Hey everyone!

I've been reading netrider the past couple of weeks and soaking in everything I can as I plan to do my L's soon.

Have never ridden a motorcycle before but I am planning on tackling the L's and then practise practise practise.. it's a skill I really want to develop and grow.

At first I'll just be going around local streets etc while I stop sucking and build confidence.. eventually I would like to be able to commute to and from uni.

Have been looking at VTR250, GSF250V and CBR250RR bikes... the only one I'm not so sure about is the the cbr, due to fairings and how this might increase insurance? (Also the ever looming drop / slide.) If anybody has thoughts on the cbr as a first bike, or if insurance will be significantly higher than nakeds, I'm all ears!!

Anyways I think I'm rambling. So yesh, hi everyone, hope to see you on the road sometime in the near future!
  2. hi and welcome
  3. Welcome Aboard mate !
    I'd imagine insurance would be more expensive on a faired bike.
    The VTR is a great learner's bike, as is the CB250F hornet :wink:
    practice practice practice .. Thats the ONLY way to develop your skills.

Good Luck !
  4. Hi mewnz, welcome to NR! You'll only hear good things about the VTR, but you won't go wrong with any of those bikes mentioned. :)
  5. Hello and Welcome
  6. [​IMG] Welcome to NR :cool: