Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Rahrox, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,

My name is Sarah (Rah please). I am currently on my L's. At the moment i ride a pretty banged up Sukuzi GN 250cc, but I have a lovely new shiny 2005 Virago :grin: for when I get my confidence up!

My Hubbie rides a VFR and he is partly the reason I got my L's. I thought it would be good if we could dump the kids at my parents and ride off into the sunset for a naughty night away :wink: :wink: .

My problem is that i am shit scared of coming off. I would really like to get some tips and possibly some who lives on this of Melbourne to ride with me occasionly. I am slowly getting better but with little kids it hard to get out for a ride and practise.

Please can someone help me.
    Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
    Rah

2. Hi and welcome,

I live in Kyneton, so not far away, and am usually available for a ride on the weekends if you want. Also on my L's.... working on getting the P's.

3. Hi rah and welcome to NR.
    My advice is DONT be scared. It's like looking through a corner to where you want to go not where you are. Remember from your "L's".

Being scared is a recipe for crashing. Being cautious is fine though.

Hope someone from yourside can help.

4. Hi Rah,

Welcome aboard, I often ride out your way, BM, Gisborne, Mt Macedon etc, am always happy to have some company.

5. Hi Rah, welcome to NR.

There are lots of confidence-boosting Netrider buds that will help build up your confidence ~ just use them up, they like that :wink:

Good luck with your riding :grin:

6. hi rah, sorry, can't ride with you but like you i'm workin on getting the nerves in train.....i've found that even quick little 5 minute rides are helping me - and counting every tiny little step as an achievement.....one of my hassles has been mentally getting myself out of my own driveway :shock: but the 5 minute rides have helped no end....and i celebrate every time i just gear up and go.....(chocolate makes a nice little gift to myself.... :grin: )

enjoy the forum, the people here have been the best confidence-builders i could have found.

7. Hi Rah

Welcome to Netrider
    I know exactly what you are going through and alot of others will as well

if we can organise a get together for the westies we can head off on short rides
    I would be happy to head on down your way on a weekend

Tracey

8. Hi
    Thank you for the welcome.
    I am slowly getting used to riding, I try to get out most weekends. Although last weekend did not get out but Hubby was teaching me how to pick the bike up IF i drop it. I did not think I could do it but I did :grin: . It was a big confidence boost.

Drew - Thanks for your offer maybe when I get a bit more confident.
    Hopper - Thank you too for your offer, if you ever come back out here maybe you and my Hubbie could go for a ride together.
    Tracey - It would great to get together as I don't many other female riders only male ones :roll: .

Thanks again for looking

Rah

9. Hello! :wink:

edit : welcome...

10. Hello, welcome aboard :)