Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by philfromaccounting, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Hi Gang!

I'm Greg, I'm a newish rider from Brisbane in my mid 20's. I've been lurking for a while on the forums, mainly around the bike recommendation section. Currently on a CBR250R, and in the coming months (pending fundings and permission from the minister for War and Finance), an owner of an open class bike.

You can usually find me on a weekend maintaining a solid 3rd gear nursing a screaming single cylinder through various bends, trying to lug my 100kg frame at an acceptable rate of knots. Think I've been relatively successful but that's open to interpretation.

At this stage, the dream bike is an Aprllia Tuono V4R... however I feel a sport/supersport 600cc is warranted before I go to that level.

Anyway, love to thrash the CBR250 on a weekend if anyone is interested!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Howdy philfromaccountingphilfromaccounting and welcome. Minister for War and Finance? Haven't heard that one before. That deserves a funny.
  3. Welcome mate. You'll certainly enjoy the step up to 600...
  4. Welcome aboard.

Just a warning from experience dealing with the Finance Ministry - make it clear if a bike (say your 600) is transitional. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for another round of heated negotiations in few years' time.
  5. Welcome to the forum!
  6. Thanks for the welcomes!

The finance minister happily accepts this and encourages going up in steps. How much I can spend is another thing however :p
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome - love you name!
  8. welcome - enjoy the riding
  9. Committed to a blue 2007 CBR600RR yesterday, I'm so excited I haven't stopped shouting since

Pick it up in the middle of the week hopefully =D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Congrats, oh and welcome again :)