Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Joshlamb, Aug 24, 2014.

1. As the title says, Hi.
    I've found my way here to get more information on bikes. I currently ride a Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 model and the wife rides a Ducati Streetfighter 848, so a nice mix of bikes.

Im looking at trading the Diavel in and move toward an adventure tourer. I have no intentions of going crazy on the bike, probably nothing worse then a logging road or fire trail. I'm currently looking at the BMW GS 800 and Ducati Multistrada (test rides are coming up). Yeah I appreciate the differences between the two. The bike will predominately be for city riding as I live in sydney so that is of course a major consideration. My dad rides a VStrom so I have a source of knowledge on what's needed for touring, but you can never have too many sources of wisdom.

2. Welcome to Netrider!
  3. Welcome Josh, Are you intending the full overnight or multi day camping thing or quiet country pubs between days of mixed dirt and tar?
  4. Welcome to NR...
  5. I don't know about sources of wisdom but I'd have the Multistrada in a blink, it is a Ducati so expect some quirks but you will be the envy of the Latte set.:)
  6. Oh! for unlimited budget and a garage big enough to hold every bike I like. True heaven.
  7. hi josh have a ride on the new ktm 1190 cheers bazz
  8. Wait for the 1290 adventure. Has the Superduke engine in it