Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mattp, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    I've just ordered my first bike, a Ducati Monster 659, and have found a lot of the information on this site really useful as I plan the safest way of beginning what I hope will be a long and incident-free life of motorcycle riding!
    Thanks for having me here on the forums, and I'll see you out on the road :)

2. Welcome Matt.

Congratulations on the new bike, I'm loving mine :)

If I don't see you on the road, the car park at Saturday practice is a great place to start.... Although my bike hates the cones (I suspect yours will as well). Usually a good ride organized afterwards as well.
  3. Welcome Matt. Great choice of bike - enjoy!
  4. Welcome. I was interested in a monster as well. Good choice. Enjoy!
  5. G'day & welcome. Nice bike! Get down to Saturday practice and say hello. Everybody there will talk to you, you need to be willing to ask.

Safe riding!
  6. Hey mate great choice, FYI the Monster is probably not the easiest to do the U turn on, practice, practice, practice......
  7. Thanks for the welcome, what a great forum :) I'm picking up the bike on Saturday, I can't wait! My Pantah body kit arrived today from Italy, so I'm super excited.

Where does Saturday practice take place?
  8. Nice, what colour is the Pantah body kit? Don't see too many of those around!!
  9. Welcome Matt. May you have many years happy riding.

Great bike.
  10. Thanks, that's great, I'll definitely try and get down to a Saturday session in the near future!
    The Pantah kit is a very light silver/blue, with red and blue flashes on the tank, so it stands out a bit (a lot!) more than the Stealth Black that the bike is now, and is a bit different, as you say there's not too many around I don't think (none that I've seen).

(Looks like this…)
  11. Looks great. Just put a set of these on it

12. welcome, see you at the coffee shop
    • Funny Funny x 1