Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Old Cranky, Dec 31, 2013.

1. My bark is worse than my bite.

Been riding for 5 years as an old 50 something. Start off on scooters for 1 year then bought a small 250 and now have a 750 shadow because I sold the 250 more than the 1997 shadow.

Well that's me, nothing special or exciting but would like to get some advice about riding and mechanical issues as well as read stuff by others on various things.

2. Welcome.

I hate to break it to you, but you definitely don't count as old..... try again in 10 to 20 years time.

As for cranky, well...... there are some seriously cranky folk that hang around here, so you may have to work quite hard at it. :)
  3. Hello and welcome :)
  4. Welcome, Old Cranky. I'm also 50 something and wear my Grumpy Old Man t-shirt with pride. I also ride the 'upright' Shadow with that sweet 750 engine.

Plenty of great info and interesting yarns on here.
  5. Oi! you can't be Old Cranky on Netrider: that's not my username, but it's definitely my position :LOL:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Think of him as your stand in for the rare occasions you aren't grumpy.

Also welcome, Cranky you're in good cranky company.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oi. I am old because I bloody we'll feel old. I am a cranky kit because my kids and mates reckon I have turrets. So I don't give a toss what anybody thinks. I'm old and cranky ...end of.

But here I'll be kinda nice because I a spud head when it comes to bike stuff.
  8. G'day junior.