Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by NofC, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

Thought I'd do the appropriate thing and introduce myself before posting anything else.

I've been lurking here for a few months. Based in Sydney, just turned 41 (still feel about 25 tbh!), and am also newish to riding (just got off Ps last week). Currently riding a Vespa gt200 scooter - I gather riding a scooter requires asbestos overalls in these parts. 8-[

I'm loving riding, looking to either upgrade or add a bike to the stable when finances allow, but plan on doing some more training at Hart on a 'proper' bike first. Always wanted a Trumpy actually, so there ya go.

I've actually learnt a hell of a lot just from lurking so far, and I hope I'll be able to keep that up. I'm trying to get the balance between pushing my limits and exceeding them right. My bones don't spring back as quickly these days...

Getting my licence is also part of my cunning plan to somehow, someday, ride from the tip of Chile to Alaska, something I've dreamed of for around 20 years but never made it happen. I'm too old to keep making excuses so I figured lets make a start by learning to ride, and then try to get good at it - that way there's at least one less obstacle to actually doing it.

Anyway, enough blather for now. Cheers! :D
  2. youre a youngon welcome mate
  3. welcome to NR
  4. Welcome to NR mate.
  5. Mate, there's nothing "improper" about a Vespa. Your ideal plan is to buy a bike and keep the GT; nothing better around the city, and heaps of fun to ride. The main thing to remember when you get on a motorcycle is that the left lever isn't a brake!

Happy trails.
  6. Welcome to NR. :)

Scooters are awesome as well but I prefer the manual ones, old school style.

Chile to Alaska does sound interesting & hope that works out for you as well. (y)
  7. welcome lots to learn here :)
  8. Thanks for the welcome guys. :) See you round the forums, if not the roads :)