Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jwebb2876, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hi guys, name's Josh, I like dogs, good books and long walks on the beach...
    Nah, just kidding :p
    I'm from Parkes, out in the middle of NSW. Sheep, sheep and more sheep.
    Anyway, I own a couple of bikes. An '80 Yamaha XS250 that I'm restoring and a '79 Suzuki GS550 that I intend to do my L's on.
    The Yamaha's currently in a million bits, I'm converting it to mechanical carbies and respraying it. It's in pretty sad shape, but I reckon I can resuscitate it :p
    The Suzuki needs the carbs pulled apart and cleaning, and it's got a siezed clutch cable, but overall it's in very good condition. Much better than the Yamaha, as those are the only real issues. I can probably knock them over in a day, that's tomorrows job in fact?
    I'll upload some pics sometime in the next week or so, my camera's currently out at my parent's property with the bikes.

Anyways, hi :)
  2. Hi and welcome to NR.

Good thing you like those long beach walks because the beach is a bloody long walk from Parkes.
  3. Welcome. Always nice to see someone else keeping an older bike away from the junkheap that little bit longer :).
  4. Cheers guys :)
    Anyways, I found these God-awful phone pics buried in my Photobucket. Probably should have left them there, but meh.
    The bike's been sitting for ~5 years, but it's been in a disused pigshed the whole time. The large amounts of bird crap are from the sparrows that have inconveniently taken up residence in the ceiling. Meh, I was planning on painting it anyway :p
    It has a headlight fairing/windscreen thingy, but the screen's broken so it's in the shed at my Grandma's, just over the road. Speaking of which, anyone know where I can pick up a new screen?

This would provbably be a good time to let you guys know about my other passion: old school Japanese cars. I currently have 3 Mitsubishi Scorpions, but I'm looking at getting an RA23 Celica when I get rid of the parts car.
    Soon to be daily:
    Turbo project:
    Parts car, soon to be stripped and the shell crushed:

And my dogs, just for the hell of it.
    This is Jake, he's a 16wk old Bull Arab/cattledog cross:
    And this is Jackie, she's a 7yr old kelpie/cattledog cross:

Sorry for the photodump :p
  5. Now I know where all the Scorpions went !
  6. Haha, believe it or not there's at least 3 guys I can think of with 10+ each :p
  7. ha ha what's that line: "we're talking disorder, and that's only a small step from full on dementia"

You do know you can just buy a new GS500 right? (/jk)

Welcome to the forum.
  8. Probably. But where's the fun in that? :p
    Cheers mate :)
  9. Welcome mate. I reckon it would be great fun doing up an old bike. Might have to look into that.
  10. GS is gooooone, Dad sold it on me :mad:
    Looks like I'm stuck with the Yami. Anyone know what getting the top end rebuilt would cost me?