Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kennosu, May 10, 2010.

1. Hi

Stumbled across Netrider a little while ago, browsed a bit but never got around to posting.

Thought I'd better post now as while on my own practice ride I came across the Sat morning learner session on the weekend. I've had my bike for 2 weeks, having gotten my Ls a month ago, and was riding through some quiet streets looking for an empty car park to practice in when I came to a dead end street with a bunch of riders and cones on the road and figured it must be some kind of practice session.

Being new to the whole riding/rider etiquette thing, wasn't sure what to do, but stopped and found out it was a Netrider group. Doug and David were pretty welcoming so gave it a try.
    Got a lot of great tips for a new rider from Doug and the courses that David was setting out were just what I was wanting to practice.
    My intended 1 hour practice ride turned into a 3 hour session.
    Had to leave early but learnt a lot and felt a whole lot more comfortable on my bike on the ride home.

While talking with Doug and Andrew I mentioned how much fun riding has been so far. He asked me if I'd yelled into my helmet yet while riding. Thinking that was a bit strange I replied I hadn't, but he said one day, when everything goes just right, you won't be able to help it.
    Wasn't sure what he meant, but was riding to work this morning out on the Eastern Freeway, traffic was light as I was heading out of the city. This was my second time out on the freeway, it wasn't cold, the sky was blue and the sun was coming out from behind the clouds.
    I didn't feel like yelling, but it felt pretty good being out on the bike, and then the Sesame Street theme song pops into my head.

Anyway, will definitely be making it back to the learner session and will get to a learner ride soon.

Thanks again.

Anthony

2. Welcome in Anthony :)

3. Welcome to Netrider mate :)

4. Hi Anthony,
    Great to meet you on Sat!!! :D And welcome!!!
    heheh ... know that feeling of "yelling into the helmet" ... I whooped with glee (& surprise) when I ground the floorboards countersteering on Sat, was having so much fun & happy to find that particular limit under supervision.
    Hope we'll see you again at Sat sessions.
    Ride safe!
    :biker:

5. HiDee HoDee & Welcome!

6. Hi, and welcome.

7. Very BIG and warm welcome to you. Hope you have a blast!!:biker: