Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by grox, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Hi everyone!

Another noob from Melbourne to add to the stack :)

I'm a first time rider in my mid 20s with a 2004 vtr250 - never ridden a motorcycle before I got my L plates and never used a manual vehicle before... there's a lot of learning going on here! Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy. I don't even know any other motorcycle riders in real life ;)

At the moment I'm trying to get better at slow speed stuff and e-braking. We'll see how it goes :)
  2. welcome bud, plenty of people here to meet and help u out, go to the tuesday l's night in melbourne to get all the help u need, just dont panic, worst thing u could do
  3. Hello , welcome and ignore those people that call you "noob" in a patronising condescending way that you may encounter on this forum.

We all need to start somewhere and at times ask questions that may be old news and basic to more experience riders.

My tip is use the search function in the forums to look for answers first.

This will avoid giving ammunition to those that like to use the word "noob" in a derogatory sense.

Otherwise welcome aboard and enjoy the ride so to speak :)
  4. Welcome to Netrider.

Use the search, but don't be afraid to ask either....
  5. welcome, and where in melb ya from?
  6. Thanks for the tip about the search.

I might come along to the Tuesday night ride in a little while :)

Hi kniever, I'm staying in the inner south eastern suburbs at the moment.
  7. Hi grox and welcome to NR

There is a regular Sat morning Beginner's practice as well at BP St Kilda Marina. Also don't be afraid to ask for a mentor or riding buddy to help you while you learn. See the New Riders and riding tips forum for that.