Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by roh, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I've been a lurker for a while, soaking up sage advice and tales of adventure.

Then I went to India, studied for a while, bought a Yamaha RX 135 and rode it from west to east across the country. That was fun! Although I probably should have been a little more advanced before I tried that - I had my L's but no riding experience at all. Learning 'push right, go right' on the spur is for wimps - try dodging elephants or sheer cliffs in the Himalayas!

Now I'm back and itching to get a bike here (as I look out the window at a beautiful day, with some of the best riding roads in the state at the end of my driveway). I like the classics, but the brits and italians will have to wait for my budget to catch up with my taste. A 70s Jap would be an acceptable compromise, but I'd rather not cave in to a spada or vtr250 (although I'm sure they are quite competent, and they are cheap, and abundant, and reliable).

Decided to finally join up as I'll have a bike soon with any luck, and the ride days and spanner nights (are they still going?) sound great. Though I must admit, the upcoming bikemart shopping night encouraged prompt action - I need a helmet with a sticker on it!

See you out there
    Roh (as in Rohan - Ro was taken)
  2. welcome aboard :biker:

shut up and just buy a VTR :p

good to see another local rider about :)