Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi to all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Toefa, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself… Initially got my L’s 9 years ago and bought a CBX250 ’87 and had a ball for about a year (renewed L’s at some point throughout the year) riding around the Wauchope – Port Macquarie area (Mid North Coast) and then unfortunately let my licence lapse.

Since then I have moved to Sydney, Married and flipped it at public transport which led me to ponder the possibility of once again riding. After a few signs from above, it was apparent that the time was right and proceeded to book in for my L’s (again) in Newcastle with my Wife! We did the training course on the 26th and 27th of May with one of the best teachers we could have hoped for – Stewart. He was very clear, patient, and interestingly anecdotal and made everyone feel in control.
    Everyone apart from my wife had saddled up a bike before, so rather than focusing all his attention on her and making her feel pressured to catch up to the rest of us, he gave her some key pointers and focused his time evenly across the group which made her relax and settle in to getting used to balancing etc. (I highly recommend booking in at Newcastle for anyone about to do their L’s or P’s – Great bunch of people – especially Stewart)

I then managed to find a beaut little CBR250RR Tri colour with reasonable K’s on it which my wonderful wife allowed me to spend our hard saved cash on :grin:

Next up was a bike for my wife; we initially thought that a ZZR250 would have been a good option as a second-hand bike (although she envisioned riding my bike), only to stumble across the new CBR125 in Sydney City Motorcycles. $36 p/week with a heap of protective gear – not too bad at all. Now we are a two bike family :grin:

I have ridden to work for the past 3 weeks (Parramatta area to City) and been enjoying getting the saddle time back up, although the stop-start nature of City riding is a bit more taxing than the open roads up North. I got my first rain ride in yesterday, which was an eye opener – completely drenched and a little slippery :shock: but another good thing to have experienced.

So a big hello to everyone and hope to get a wave or nod back as we pass you guys on the roads.

2. Great stuff Stealth, you sound very excited to be back on two wheels, good on you.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Welcome to Netrider. :grin:
  3. Welcome Stealthassassin
  4. Welcome,
    I know the feeling of going for your L’s a few times just because you didn’t get round to stepping up to your P’s. I did mine three times :p :p
  5. Hi everyone,

As Stealth mentioned I have just started riding my CBR125 and am really enjoying it (although the rain has made it difficult for me to ride).

I am taking it slow and trying to create good habits. I have found a big empty carpark nearby that I am practising my braking and turns in.

I went on what would be my fourth ride yesterday afternoon just around the neighbourhood. I felt much more confident than I have previously, I went through my first roundabout!! Wasn't bad at all, it was much easier than I thought it would be.

Stealth, you make a good mentor - can't wait till our next ride together :wink:
  6. welcome stealth & starlet :grin:
  7. Welcome aboard.

Practicing in the carpark is a damn good idea. I probably should even do some of that with my new bike - 17 years in riding now.

I remember a very long time ago practicing on a basketball court... perhaps if I hadnt I wouldnt be here today. Better to make a mistake there instead of out in the traffic.
  8. welcome aboard guys :LOL:
  9. Thanks for the welcome guys :grin:

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you in the next couple of months.

10. Welcome to both of you!
    I can understanding getting a tad fed up with public transport. I've done my time on that. Being on my BabyBlade is much better :grin:

Keep enjoying yourself.
  11. Welcome to the forum, :biker: