Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi to all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by coastmike, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Hi Guys and Gals! I'm a newie to the bike scene and absolutely loving it! I can't believe that it's taken me this long to own my 1st roadbike and now I'm hooked! A bit different to how I used to handle the dirtbike in my younger days, but I'm slowly adjusting to it. I bought myself a new CB400 for my 1st bike in black of course and I must admit that it really suits me well at this stage. My extended family members all have bigger bikes and are waiting for me to clock up a few more k's before I join them on a long roadtrip! Anyways I'd just like to say how great this forum has been with all of your fantastic advice and info, and I'm looking forward to connecting with you all in the future!

2. Welcome to Netrider! The CB400 is an awesome bike - Great choice.
  3. Just clocked up my 1st 500 k's on the new bike! I must say though that I did put too much pressure on myself to perform at a pretty high standard straight after my stay upright course as I was picking up my new bike straight after it! 1st 500 k's went well! Cornering hasn't been a problem even though judging speed into the corners has been a learning experience. Managed to realise my 2 worst enemies on the roads through Surfers Paradise at night have been bloody P platers and Taxi drivers!!! Trying really hard not to think too much while riding and just enjoying the ride. Also I think I'll have to stop watching and reading news about riding fatalities! Not good for the mind.
    Now I have almost all of my gear. Just need some kevlar jeans and boots then I'm all set! Any advice on these would be great as I've already gone way over my budget, but you can't really put a price on protection!
    Also thanks Sheepy, you're absolutely right, the CB400 has been an awesome ride! Any ideas on led's on the bikes to make them more visible at night?
  4. Check out Shark Leathers in Oxenford for cheap jeans. TopRider on Lawrence Drive in Nerang also have cheap jeans too. Fantastic that your getting the hang of things. :D You could always do what Takamii has done and turn your bike into a Tron light cycle. ;)

5. Hey coastmike, a little random but I'm also from the coast, my name is mike too AND I bought a black CB400 the other day. Hah!
    Definitely check out shark leathers on siganto drive for jeans and boots! And anything else really.
    Also interested in some LED's for night riding :)
  6. Welcome to NR :) I also had(/have) a black CB400. AWESOME bike. I say "had" coz my better half recently got her licence, and now it's HER bike.

If you're looking for gear that's cheap but excellent quality, check out Takamii's stuff (motolegion jeans). Do a search for them, you'll find reviews etc.
  7. welcome to NR and good choice of bike!! any pics?